Inspiration A Challenge / change
“Self confidence is the most attractive quality a person can have. How can anyone see how awesome you are if you can’t see it yourself?” – Author Unknown
Start by introducing your mind to the way you see yourself. Without realizing it, you may discover you have a hidden talent or two. The fact that your very nature is unique is a gift. It came with your birth.
Your nature is made up of a lot of memories, ideas, facts, fears, doubts, impulses, and desires. Whatever takes place in your life is based on your own choices.
Your nature doesn’t know when you make a bad choice. Yet, you have an inner voice directing those thoughts and choices. And based on your thoughts, you can choose your own destiny. How extraordinary is that!
Here are six tips to guide your mind and make your life as extraordinary as you choose to do and be:
- Be patient with yourself. It takes time and continuous effort to learn anything new. Test your inner strengths. Does it feel right? Successful people do this all the time. It establishes an ongoing pattern of great behavior that you never know you have until you try it.
- Develop a value system. Know what’s important to you and treat yourself accordingly. This doesn’t mean that you must become self-centered. Remember the “Golden Rule.” It works! When you do what is true to your inner self, you win and others around you win. Success comes more quickly to those who give rather than to those who always expect to get.
- Be silent. Your mind has a relationship with a higher power. It is naturally curious and enjoys being given directions. When you wish to know the power that moves freely through your mind, you must be silent in order to experience it. With a quiet mind, you discover practical instructions that serve you well in opening up your thoughts and feelings. Remember the saying: “Silence is Golden.”
- Be aware. This is the most dominating part of your nature. And to be aware, you must think, act, and live in the present moment. Physical awareness at all times increases your desire to reach your goals. When you are completely aware of yourself and your thoughts and feelings, you can control your experiences. .
- Look for opportunities everywhere and in everything. When going about your day, slow down and become aware of all possibilities that may turn into a creative money-making project. Don’t rush through life looking in only one direction. Make yourself step out of the ordinary. This is the kind of power that leads to extraordinary adventures.
Never limit yourself to old patterns created by any doubts your thoughts and visions may lead you. New choices are born everyday. For instance, when watching television, tune into educational channels. Study the crafting networks. Historical and other instructional programs are great learning tools. Read newspapers and magazines not only for the news, but with an awareness of what other people are doing.
- Challenge yourself. When you think you can do something better than what is already in the marketplace or, if you can offer merchandise that is not now available, pursue it. Do not be discouraged if your mind doesn’t cooperate on the first try. Quiet your mind and keep challenging yourself. You may even find another hidden talent. This is extraordinary power
The gift of nature that came with your birth is already extraordinary. As long as you exercise your power to be unique and make choices that are based on your true feelings, nothing is impossible. Stay aware, take time to be silent, and seek opportunities for new ideas to pursue. Then make a commitment to be extraordinary.
Silence, awareness, and opportunity are a part of your true nature. Here are six practical guides to your becoming extraordinary. Challenge your mind to discover your uniqueness, self-confidence
About the Author
Gerri D Smith, author, entrepreneur, and fashion expert gives you encouraging words to enhance your everyday life to be more positive, fulfilling and special. How often do you set aside time to read a good book filled with inspirational words? Reading inspirational and/or motivational books adds to your knowledge, and creates different views of life. Reading is also a challenge. It forces you to respond to life with confidence and gratitude. In doing so, you are more than willing to learn, to support, and to help others. By giving your best to others, you also benefit. To give is to love, and to love is the true spirit of the universe. Be bold! Be beautiful! Be extraordinary! Above all - Be good to yourself and read! Go to, http://www.gerrisdistinctwearables.com.
For more inspirational articles and tips, join my blog by email below:
Copyright - May 2016 by Gerri D. Smith, Author
Gerri D Smith
Copyright February, 2016
“The power of thought is the only thing over which any person has complete, unquestionable control- - a fact so astounding that it points to a close relationship between the mind of man and the Universal Mind of Infinite Intelligence, the connecting link between the two being FAITH.” Napoleon Hill
* Patience. Learn to be patient with yourself. It takes time and effort to learn anything new. Whenever you discover something new within you that you’ve never considered doing before, take heart and go for it. You’re about to get on with your higher destiny. Test these new feelings about your inner self. You will discover new strengths you can use to drive you forward. Successful people do this all the time. This establishes a pattern of great behavior that you may not have known until you try it.
* Passion. Be driven by your passion to discover new abilities. With inner passion or desire, there is nothing that is too difficult to do. Passion forces you to overcome obstacles and forces you to act. This is another step to successful living. Life isn’t limited to having to do the same things over and over again. Stretch your imagination. Find new ways of doings things. Make your life exciting and fun! Be aware. With awareness of your inner dreams and abilities comes the most important reason to choose the direction your life can go.
* Change. You can change your own destiny. There’s no such thing as a hard and difficult life. There are good times and there are bad times. Doing just one thing to change the outcome of a bad situation so that it never happens again comes with practice and experience. Remaining calm and confident when in a difficult situation provides you with the help you need to do the best you can. Form a mental picture of the way you wish the challenge to be resolved and act toward that result. The next time you hear an inner voice of doom and gloom, tell yourself there is a higher authority just waiting to get you out of any anxious situation. Your thoughts have power!
About the Author
For well over twenty years, Gerri D Smith combines her many talents as fashion apparel and accessories designer, entrepreneur, and creative writer. On the design side, creating elegant and distinctive designs is her on going passion. In Gerri’s words, "It is always a loving challenge to create and/or find unique accessories that can highlight your appearance and beauty as a woman." On the writing side, Gerri loves to motivate and challenge you with words of wisdom and inspiration. Visit,