Inspiration A Challenge / appearance
“You can make yourself happy or miserable, it takes the same amount of effort.” Quote by - Ray Bradbury
In almost every part of daily living, your emotions, your attitude and your current circumstances may depend upon the kind of attention you choose for yourself. One or all of these feelings can prevent you from handling a personal crisis. Or, they can lead you to a more pleasurable experience.
Either choice is the same. You have to get above it, over it, under it, or around the situation. Whenever you are faced with a position you are uncomfortable with, learn to see it for what it is. Then think of how you can handle it and make in harmless. Doing this may make it less important and yourself more stronger.
Here are five ways you can pay attention to your emotions, your attitude and your present situation..
1. Stay in touch with what makes you laugh. Go deep within your heart and become aware of what makes you joyful, peaceful, or content. Find more fun things to do, and treat yourself to the those that make you laugh. Do them often. Your heart and health will thank you.
2. Recognize unpleasant situations. Ignoring the cause of an unpleasant problem does not make it go away. To free yourself from the problem, face it and find a solution. Think of what you would like the best outcome to be than work to make that happen. If the problem persists, you may need to seek outside help.
3. What gives you your inner strengths? Are you confident in most situations. Do you display a positive attitude? Do you have a pleasant personality and are you easy to get along with? Testing yourself this way gives you a glimpse of what makes you who you are.
4. Does religion play a part in your life? Are you willing to rely on your faith to get you through tough times? A certain amount of spirituality, no matter how small, may help you. Trust in your faith. Not only does it soothe and quiet stress, it also replenishes your inner strength.
. Pay attention to your appearance. Are you well dressed and hygienic at all times? What image are you presenting to the world? Is ti professional or casual? With the decline in professional dress and the move toward office casual, your wardrobe may not always express what is more socially acceptable. When possible, paying attention to how your visual appearance always has the power to effect others. Whether it’s a good impression, or not, is up to you.
About the Author
For well over twenty years, Gerri D Smith combines her many talents as fashion apparel and accessories designer, entrepreneur, creative writer, and an online fashion, beauty and wellness resource. Creating elegant and distinctive designs is an on going passion. In Gerri’s words, "It is always a loving challenge to create and/or find unique accessories that can highlight your appearance and beauty as a woman." Visit, http://gerrisdistinctwearables.com
Click the atom icon below to subscribe to my blog.
“Love what you have. Need what you want. Accept what you receive. Give what you can. Always remember, what goes around, comes around.” – Author Unknown
Each of us has a built-in memory of potential possibilities You can actually train your mental powers to work for you in any given situation. Everything is possible with each and every path you take to do it. Once you develop an attitude of strength and confidence, you can learn to do anything you choose.
Focus on results. What do you value? Just knowing that it would be wiser to express positive emotions in your life so that your results are positive, is a worthy cause. Reinvent yourself if you need to become more kind and considerate, less judgmental, and more joyful instead of angry and resentful.
Other worthwhile values and positive attitudes may include:
- Expressing courage
- Showing strength when in difficult situations
- Having respect for others and their points of view if different from yours
- Expressing gratitude for the small as well as the major things
- Facing challenges with Self-confidence
- Developing a forgiving nature
- Being well-groomed at all times; giving attention to your appearance and dress (you never know who’s watching you!), and ...
- Putting your trust in a Higher Power
When you know where you wish to go in life, motivate yourself and help others do the same. Then take pride in any little step you do that gets you there. Know that you are special and deserve all that life has to offer you.
About the Author
For well over twenty years, Gerri D Smith combines her many talents as fashion apparel and accessories designer, entrepreneur, creative writer, and an online fashion, beauty and wellness resource. Creating elegant and distinctive designs is an on going passion. In Gerri’s words, "It is always a loving challenge to create and/or find unique accessories that can highlight your appearance and beauty as a woman."
For more inspirational articles and tips, join my blog by email below:
Copyright - December 2016 by Gerri D. Smith, Author